Return PolicyYou have the right to withdraw from the sale contract with YOOX NET-A-PORTER GROUP S.p.A. (the “Vendor” or “YNAP”) for any reason and without incurring any penalty within thirty (30) days from the date on which you received the products purchased from www.balmain.com.
You can exercise your right to return using one of the following methods:
a) Online submission to the Vendor of the Return form found in the Customer Care area, completed in its entirety; in this instance, the Vendor will send you an email confirming that they have received your return request.
b) Sending the Vendor another declaration explicitly stating your decision to withdraw from the sale contract.
In instance b), your declaration must be addressed to Customer Care at the registered office of YOOX NET-A-PORTER GROUP S.p.A., via Morimondo, 17 – Milano 20143. In such instance, you will be responsible for proving that you exercised your right to withdraw from the sale contract correctly and within the specified time frame.
The products to be returned must be handed over to the courier within thirty (30) days of the date you received the products purchased on www.balmain.com. In case you withdraw from the sale contract, you are not allowed to ask the replacement of the initially purchased garment with another garment unless the corresponding right is explicitly provided by the Vendor.
The right to return is excluded in the event that you purchased customised or personalised products, or sealed items that were opened after delivery and that cannot be returned for health or hygiene reasons.
1. Conditions for exercising the right to withdraw
The right to withdraw from the sale contract shall be deemed correctly exercised if the following conditions have been fully met:
- The right to withdraw has been correctly exercised within thirty (30) days of receiving the products following the procedures set out above
- The products must not have been used, worn or washed and, in any case, must be compliant with the requirements detailed in the section on Compliance Checks below;
- The identification tag with the disposable seal is still attached to the products as it constitutes an integral part of the product
- The products are returned with their original packaging
- The products are handed over to the courier within thirty (30) days of the date you received the products purchased on www.balmain.com
- The products are not damaged
If you have complied with the relevant conditions, the Vendor will reimburse the price of the products purchased. You will be notified if the returned products cannot be accepted because they are not compliant with the conditions indicated above. In the event that your return does not comply with the terms and conditions set out in letters a) and e) of previous section 1, you can choose, at your own expense, to have the products returned to you. If you refuse said delivery, the Vendor reserves the right to retain the products and the amount paid for the purchase of the products.
2. Procedure for returning products to the Vendor
You can ship your returns to the Vendor with a shipping service of your choice and the return shipping will be at your own expense. Please verify that you have accurately completed and included with your package all the necessary documentation for customs clearance. Customs authorities require that all such documentation be written in English. We recommend that you consult with local authorities and/or your selected shipping service to ensure that the documentation is sufficient. For further assistance, please visit our Customer Care area.
The Vendor cannot be held responsible for parcels that are detained at customs because of lacking or insufficient documentation.
The Vendor highly recommends that you choose a shipping service that permits you to trace the delivery at any time.
3. Compliance Checks
Our products must be returned in a new and unused state, in perfect condition, with all protective materials in place and tags and stickers attached to them (if applicable), including all accessories and documents. We reserve our right not to accept any return if the product shows signs of wear, or has been used or altered from its original condition in any way or, as an alternative, may reduce the amount of any applicable refund or exchange accordingly. For example, we may make a reduction in the following circumstances:
- the product(s) have been used, worn, damaged or washed;
- the identification tag with the disposable seal is not attached to the product(s), or has not been returned. Please note that identification tag constitutes an integral part of each product; and/or
- you have not returned any packaging which is an integral part of a product (such as a dust bag).
You will be informed if we propose to reduce your refund for this reason. In this instance, you may (as an alternative to us providing you with a reduced refund) choose to have the products sent back to you at your own expense. Should you refuse this option, YOOX NET-A-PORTER GROUP reserves the right to retain the products and the amount indicated for the decrease in refund, due to the decrease in value of the returned products.
4. Refund times and procedures
Once the Vendor has received the returned products and checked all requirements have been met, you will receive an email confirming that the return has been accepted and YNAP will proceed with a full refund, or, if the products are found to have decreased in value, you will receive an email informing you of the amount deducted from the refund and YNAP will proceed with the refund of the remaining amount. Whatever the form of payment used, the Vendor will process the refund as quickly as possible and, in any case, within fourteen (14) days from the date it was informed of your decision to exercise your right to return, and once it has checked that the return was carried out in compliance with the above conditions. The time period for refunding the amount paid for purchasing the returned products depends on the form of payment used:
- Purchase by credit/debit card: refund time will depend on the card company.
- Payment by PayPal (if available): refunds will be credited to your PayPal account and will be visible within 24 hours from the receipt of the refund confirmation email. The actual reimbursement of the credit card associated with your PayPal account will depend on the company that issued the card.
- Payment made by cash on delivery (if available): we will refund to the bank account indicated by you, so the time taken for the refund will depend on the accuracy of the information provided by you; the refund will usually take fourteen (14) days.
5. Items returned because they are damaged, defective or incorrect
Without prejudice to the application of mandatory consumer protection provisions, if you are returning a product because of an error on our part or because it is damaged or defective, please notify YNAP within thirty (30) days of receipt using the online Return form on the website; if a product becomes faulty after the thirty (30) days please contact Customer Care to obtain further returns information. You must return the products in the same condition in which you received them. For returning the products please see section 1 and 2 above.
YNAP will examine all products returned as damaged or defective and will notify you of your refund via email within a reasonable period of time. Subject to acceptance by YNAP of the damaged or defective goods, products returned by you because they are damaged or defective will be refunded in full, including the cost of delivery for sending the item to you and the cost incurred by you in returning the item to YNAP. In the event that YNAP find no fault with the returned products, you will be notified that the returned products cannot be accepted and you may elect to have the products re-delivered to you. If you do not accept re-delivery YNAP reserves the right to retain the products and the purchase price and recover YNAP's fees and expenses.
6. Identification Tag
We remind you that all products sold by the Vendor include an identification tag attached with a disposable seal which is an integral part of the product. Please try on the products without removing the tag and seal. Products returned without the tag and seal will not be accepted.
7. Consumer Code
Without prejudice to the application of mandatory consumer protection provisions, these conditions for exercising the right to withdraw from the sale contract are an integral part of the General Terms and Conditions of Sale and are governed by Italian law, and in particular by the Consumer Code.